Create Your First Online Store with Drupal Commerce shows how to build an online store using Drupal Commerce, a set of modules that extend Drupal. The course demonstrates the basics of configuring a store, processing a payment, and charging for shipping and taxes, as well as creating, displaying, and categorizing products. The course also explains how to integrate a store into a Drupal site, customize a store’s appearance, and increase site traffic using search engine optimization (SEO) techniques. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Surveying the store-building process
- Installing Drupal Commerce using Commerce Kickstart
- Accepting PayPal payments
- Processing orders
- Understanding rules and line items
- Listing and importing products
- Managing inventory, orders, and customer profiles
- Streamlining the checkout process
- Launching a store
- Offering product discounts
- Analyzing site traffic with Google Analytics
This course demonstrates how to use the Views module and other add-ons in Drupal to present dynamic, data-rich content. The course examines several real-world examples of effective data visualization and describes the Drupal data-storage model. The course also shows how to create, format, and style views; control access to data; improve data administration with Views Bulk Operations; and display content as custom maps and slide shows. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Planning the data structure of a site
- Creating record templates with custom field types
- Connecting fields using references
- Sorting and filtering data
- Varying how a view appears in different displays
- Formatting views with grid, list, table, and jump
- Creating multi-part views using attachments
- Importing and exporting views
- Extending views with relationships
- Understanding and using location data
- Exporting data
A collection of 24 one-page articles to be given to clients and potential clients when I was a real-estate agent. I often put out a few of these at open houses I hosted and got several bites as a result.
I love your videos! You’ve got ‘good voice’ which makes listening to them more enjoyable, and you do a fantastic job taking folks through the process of setting up a Drupal site. I’m confident I’ll be a major Drupal fan after the training.
A guide to help a Drupal consultancy’s potential clients understand the process of building an enterprise-level Web site with Drupal.
White paper to help clients define strategies and tactics for moving their web site to the content-management system Drupal.
A bottom-up rewrite of the previous version’s manual.
Took user manuals in Microsoft Word format and adapted them for online reading, which included new screen shots and some reorganization of material. The four manuals were ContentBarrier, Personal Antispam, Personal Backup, and FileGuard.
White paper that explores Drupal as an online publishing system for newspapers and magazines.
Adaptation of a manual for a Paris-based computer security company, with all-new screenshots and some new writing.
Adaptation of a previous manual, with all-new screenshots and some new writing.
Adaptation of a previous manual, with all-new screenshots and some new writing.
A how-to book for Drupal beginners.
I started writing it in 2009, then shelved it, then revised extensively in late 2010 as the pre-release software changed substantially. It was officially published about three weeks before Drupal 7’s release.
- Agent: Neil Salkind
- Acquisitions Editor: Wendy Sharp
- Production Editor: Nancy Peterson
- Development Editor: Robyn Thomas
- Technical Editors: Emma Jane Hogbin, Greg Knaddison
- Copy Editors: Darren Meiss, Scout Festa
Commissioned book, completed in 30 days and published without revisions (beyond minor copyediting).
In almost seven hours of video instruction, Drupal 6 Essential Training (originally titled “Drupal Essential Training”) covers all the important aspects of installing, configuring, customizing, and maintaining a Drupal-powered website. Instructor Tom Geller explores blogs, discussion forums, member profiles, and other features while demonstrating the steps required to make Drupal perform. He also teaches fundamental concepts and skills along the way, including installation, backups, and updates; security and permissions; flexible page layouts and CSS; menu navigation; and performance monitoring and disaster recovery. He also discusses how to select and install the community-supported modules that further expand Drupal’s capabilities, and gives experienced PHP programmers tips on customizing page templates. Example files accompany the course.
- Understanding the inner workings of Drupal
- Creating stories, pages, blogs, forums, and polls
- Managing users and comments
- Setting and customizing themes
- Exchanging content via RSS
- Stopping comment spam with a CAPTCHA
- Launching a site and joining the Drupal community
Drupal’s built-in data presentation tools offer several ways for web designers to clearly and attractively package their data. In over six hours of video training, Tom Geller explains how Drupal handles data so users can set up intelligent structures and implement them with Drupal’s Content Construction Kit. Tom also shows how a data-driven web site can improve its interactivity by using geographic data to connect real-world addresses to maps. Exercise files accompany the course.
- Importing and manipulating data in Drupal
- Presenting date-formatted information in calendars
- Understanding Drupal’s data-query interface, “Views”
- Improving view appearances with grid, list, and table formatting
- Importing, exporting, and cloning views
- Extending views with arguments and relationships
Over two and a half hours of video that demonstrates changes to the Drupal 7 administrative interface and other enhancements that have come out of its three-year development period. This course covers its simplified installation process, new themes that will help kick-start design projects, the customizable shortcut bar that puts often-used commands in easy reach, update procedures that leverage its browser-based interface, and a new way of defining fields to create complex content types without additional modules.
- Configuring the new Dashboard
- Using contextual link controls
- Exploring new themes
- Reviewing the new modules
- Understanding the expanded block system
- Using images in content
- Allowing users to delete accounts
- Testing modules with the Testing module
- Building themes using Drupal Gardens
Over five hours of video training that demonstrates how to create and publish a complete web site with the powerful tools in Acquia’s hosted service, Drupal Gardens. The course covers how to leverage its pre-built page layouts and add custom styling, without having to learn CSS, using the Theme Builder tool, how to integrate rich site features, such as forms, surveys, and media galleries, and how to push content to Twitter and Facebook. The course also shows how to transition a Drupal Gardens site to a self-hosted Drupal site. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Creating and managing content and content types
- Embedding videos and other media
- Publishing and subscribing to RSS feeds
- Setting up blocks, banners, menus, and forms
- Managing comments and spam
- Tracking site usage
- Duplicating and deleting sites
- Adding custom domains
Over seven hours of video training that shows how to get the most out of Drupal, the content management system (CMS) that powers over a quarter million web sites. The course demonstrates how to download and install Drupal, add content and graphics to a site, change layout and design elements, control visitor interactions, and expand the site’s capabilities beyond what’s available in Drupal core. Discussion of established best practices in each step to ensure that a site remains streamlined, secure, and up-to-date. Exercise files are included with the course.
- Comparing Drupal with other content management systems
- Understanding nodes
- Creating basic content
- Adding blogs, discussions groups, and polls
- Subscribing to RSS feeds
- Creating new content types
- Managing users, roles, and permissions
- Creating and modifying block regions
- Adding menus
- Extending site capabilities with modules